Sunday 4 February 2018

FNWF for February... In Two Parts

 
Once again, my Friday was spent at Patchwork... working on my Ruth's Quilt stitcheries... this was a slow one, for some reason... Maybe it was the distraction of hearing that wedding bells are to ring for one of my lovely friends!
Or maybe it was because the hearts at the bottom are to be done with satin stitch, which I'm not very good at... hhmm... Well, two are done, let's see how long I can procrastinate on doing the remaining two😉

Part Two of my FWNW was spent with patchwork friends too... 
 Our club president is hoping to make a monthly event of 'UFO Day'... each 1st Saturday of the month... yesterday was only a small group of us, but it was great all the same... I'd love to see it grow to become a fun monthly event for the club.
I chose to take along some stitcheries for a bag... Gather Sweet Blooms by Gail Pan... all my pieces are cut & ready to sew, but I've never gotten around to actually making it. I love this bag, & sent one away as my SSCS gift back in 2013.
 Doesn't look like much stitching, considering I was there a few hours... but at least it's progress.

Thanks to Cheryll our FNWF Mumma for another fab cyber-party!
Check out the other party-girls over HERE.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

My Friendship Quilt is back from the quilter... the binding has been made & stitched around the edges...
... so while I do the hand stitching, it's the perfect time for me to catch up on my recordings of my beloved soapie The Bold & The Beautiful... don't snicker at me, we all have our shows we love!

Have A Fantastic Week Ahead!

16 comments:

Jo said...

My girlfriend comes home everyday to watch bold and the beautiful with her dad. It is their time together. If she can't make it in time he tapes it for her....

Maria said...

Your satin stitch looks fine!
Yes your bag does look lovely.
LOL my was Big Brother ...wish they'd do another episode....
Did you get the binding stitched down.

Chookyblue...... said...

I cannot believe that show is still going.. ....

Michelle Ridgway said...

My mum is a B&B fan arrrgggh! Lovely work on your tags. Pretty bag xx

Kate said...

Anthea, I still struggle with the satin stitch and I've been embroidering since I was 10 or 11! I like the black print you've used on your quilt. Have a great week. :)

Fiona said...

lovely stitching... I also battle with Satin Stitch and glad there is not lots of it in these sweet stitcheries....
Love your binding fabric.... hope you are all caught up on your show....
Hugz

Susie H said...

Lovely stitching. Keep up the beautiful work!

Janet said...

Every stitch done is one stitch closer to the finish line! Your progress looks great. I have never heard of the Bold and the Beautiful, so I wouldn't even know what there is to snicker about. :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

All gorgeous...love the holder for your bind clips ❤️

Lin said...

Nice stitching Anthea - that bag looks like a great thing to make. xx

Pamela said...

Your stitcheries are looking great. Bold and the Beautiful has been on television for a long time. I watched it for a while, maybe in the late 1980's or early 90's. I wonder if any of the same actors are still on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea,your tag is looking great.
I have that bag pattern too and must make it,its a lovely bag pattern. Wow your friendship quilt looks great and my mum loved watching the Bold and the Beautiful.xx

Karen's Korner said...

I think that we are all good at "going slow" when we are out of our comfort zone. Each stitch brings the finish closer.

Ondrea said...

Hahahaha I did laugh at your soapie. My dad is 86 and loves that show lol. Satin stitch looks lovely and well worth the effort. Practice makes perfect. That bag will look lovely.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely stitching and hmmm.. .I have watched a few episodes of your favorite show while a very looooong time ago! My kids snigger all the time at the movies and shows I watch :) xx

Cheryll said...

It was NiCe to catch up with what you accomplished at FNwF...xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...