Thursday 6 July 2017

Secret Sewing Is Finished... Now What?!

It's been decidedly wintry here in the past week or so... which is a good thing... because, well, it's WINTER!

Rain: great for the gardens & tank. Wind: to blow every leaf in the neighbourhood into a pile at my back door. Cold: to make it hard to get washing dry.
I just wish the rain was getting out to our agricultural areas, they need it so desperately.
I'd rather my garden be brown, if it meant the crops were growing & the grazing animals had something to eat.🐄🐑

My hands & feet usually go cold mid-May for their Annual Freeze, as I call it... thank heavens for gloves & thermal socks. My small reprieve this year is that the weather has been so mild during June, so I brought out the accessories a little later than usual.

Very pleased to have finished the Secret Sewing on the weekend... it's for the Christmas In July swap, organised by Cheryll... I really like what I've made, so now I just hope my recipient likes it also.

I've been a bit clueless about what to work on now... so I've decided on two projects to go between.

Project One:
the pressing & cutting the fabrics for a quilt pattern called SCARLET, which is not going to be scarlet, but BLUE... hhmmm, a new quilt name is in order!

Project Two:
A couple of years ago, I won this pack of Moda 5" squares...

My attitude towards batiks has softened somewhat since the making of the Sows Ear Quilt, so I decided it was time to sew with them... I've added some more squares & marked them in readiness for sewing into half-square triangles.

The colours are really so gorgeous, I love them... I've got a good feeling about this project!
I was having lots of trouble finding a background/solid to go with them... happily, an online order has been placed for that now.
Having a couple of easy no-think machine projects will be good for my MoJo.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day

17 comments:

Kim said...

Can't wait for the Christmas quilt reveal. We're in Summer and it's hot. Those Moda batiks are gorgeous!

Cheryll said...

I'm sure you will find something to busy yourself...xox

kiwikid said...

Ohhh will be great to see the Christmas reveal! Lovely projects in the pipe line!! The batiks are beautiful, but then I am a huge batik fan,so am a little biased!!~

marina said...

Lovely new blue project and can't wait to see your batik project come together.
Enjoy your projects!

Kate said...

Your secret sewing project is intriguing....
I think it's a brilliant idea to make HSTs with the batiks and you've given me an idea. :)

Pamela said...

Great projects! I love both blue and batiks!

Ondrea said...

They used to call embroidery done red thread "redwork" and when a different colour was used e.g blue, it was called "redwork in blue". So maybe your quilt will be called "scarlett in blue"😊 I personally prefer blue. Lovely bright cheery project coming up. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

sunny said...

Say it isn't so! You, of all people, are going to make a red pattern in BLUE?!?!?!?! This I can't wait to see. I also can't wait to see your secret project!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Making a scarlet pattern in blue...loads of fun. (smiling) I can't wait to see what you do with those batiks. I have recently come to love batiks and have been adding them to my stash. Have a great week. --Andrea

Lin said...

Mmmm, nice looking new projects. Hot here again - fan on all night and lots of sewing time in the afternoon. xx

Fiona said...

I do happen to know your work is lovely so that giftie will be wonderful! I am a fan of batiks - I love the colours (mostly) and so looking forward to seeing what you make.....
Hugz

Brigitte said...

These stacks of fabric looks so bright and colourful. Can't wait to see what you will be using them for.

Karen's Korner said...

You have two interesting projects on the go. Looking forward to seeing their progress.

Helen said...

Oh I'm loving your moda batiks looking forward to seeing the project growing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Those colours are beautiful and definitely summerlike! Sure to chase away the winter chills. Your sneak peek looks intriguing there...secrets! Lol!

Maria said...

We sure do need the rain here for the farmers.. but it has been COOL at night. Recycle air con has been cranked up each night.
Sew looking forward to seeing what you've created..
I haven't joined in a swap since before December last year...

Susan said...

Those batiks will look great...happy HST sewing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...